Mitch - Sundial

Here's what I have so far for my sundial. I have text 4 which is a city split in two; one is a perpetual carnival and one is a regular city with industry, institutions and housing. After an unspecified time (I chose fall equinox), they pack up the one half of the city and move on. I've designed this sundial so that during the summer while the people are present, light funnels into the structure and is projected brightly onto a diffusion screen. As it approaches fall equinox, the light emitted by the screen fades (as the sun's altitude lowers), eventually becoming dark during the season the people are not there. The structure itself also acts as a sundial using a radial array of alternating grass and concrete.


1 comment:

  1. Really like the idea, but can't help thinking that this is sort of like the gateway to heaven.. Also, does the top structure have to be so long?

    ReplyDelete